Wednesday, October 29, 2008


MORE ELECTION COVERAGE\
You Northerners will love this. The headlines in the Miami Herald today were "Early Voters Brave 50 Degree Temperatures". This picture isn't exactly from Miami, but believe me, they really dress for the weather down here when it gets in the 50s. It's their one chance to wear a sweater, hooded sweatshirt, boots (fashion boots, of course) and hats, scarves and sometimes gloves. I know it looks silly to those of us who know that 50 degrees isn't really that cold, but to them, it's serious dangerous stuff. One guy that lined up in Miami at 4:30 this morning was reported to be running back and forth from his spot in line to his car to warm up. Looks like they are taking their voting pretty seriously too. As of Monday afternoon, a total of 1.2 million have early voted, that's 10% of registered voters. Way to go, Miami Dade and Broward Counties.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

LOL thanks for the laugh. That's almost 70 degrees warmer than it was here this morning.

I plugged in my car at lunch, which means I can drive it tonight. Beats going back and forth to the car! That is too funny.

Wish I could vote early-- hope the lines aren't too bad next week.

JimR said...

Heck I don't think Aimee is bundled up that much for her 17 below bike ride!