Wednesday, November 05, 2008


Ginger Snead Elected Marathon City Councilwoman
Ginger Snead was the top vote-getter in an 8 way race for three city council seats in Marathon yesterday. She has become an important part of my life because she owns Advantage Rehab and Physical Therapy where I go four times a week to exercise and try to keep my back in line. Of course, I couldn't vote for her, being a Key Colony Beach resident, but Ginger jokes that if KCB could vote, she wouldn't have even needed to campaign because she has treated just about everyone on the island for one ailment or another. I'm impressed with her victory because she took on some incumbents to try to make a change in her city even though she has had no political experience. She started her campaign very early and has attended every city council meeting now for months. I think this is the kind of candidate that more and more voters are looking for. So congrats to Ginger! Listening to the ins and outs of Marathon political life while I am exercising at what we call "Ginger's House of Torment and Torture", sure has made my workouts go by faster.

1 comment:

JimR said...

That's cool! I always thank anyone that runs for elected office - It is a huge responsibilty and I'm glad they do it!

empeshri!