Saturday, December 06, 2008

AGAIN??????
I'm sorry to say the story is not quite over for poor Andy Williams. He was arrested this week for cocaine possession, yet again, and having his license tag on the wrong vehicle. He gave his occupation during booking as "candidate." Maybe he doesn't know the election is over. On the other hand, for Mary Vanden Brook, Circuit Court Judge election loser, it may not be over. After 3 recounts and her opponent winning by just 4 votes, she is suing just about everyone involved in the election, except for me, and wants to either be declared the winner or have a new election. I tell ya, the political fun really never seems to end down here in the Keys. And if my second from the last sentence isn't a run on with dangling modifiers, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Could you define "monifer"? Must be a Rathbun thing. Earlier today, I zipped my jacket and it split and Jim suggested that there ought to be a word for that. Any ideas?

That Andy Williams - what a guy! Florida politics certainly interesting. Your stories are starting to sound like Grandma's from Spanish Trails!

hawavol! (At first I thought it was hawavo! - I think that would be a great word - a happy word!)

Sally said...

Yes, "monifier" is a modifier where money is involved...I think. And the word for a split jacket zipper is, "new-jacket-time!"

JimR said...

That Andy! Once record sales started slipping, he needed a new occupation!

Sinkie! (Darn I wish that would have been on the boat parade blog!)