Saturday, July 12, 2008

Orchid Surprise


Orchid Surprise
Originally uploaded by sache47
I went out to the orchid house to check on "Phil" the philodendron
that the Chinchars left behind and had asked me to watch over and
give a haircut now and then during the summer. What a surprise when I
saw this beautiful orchid growing out of the conch shell that was
hanging from the planter! I had totally forgotten about Phil until
now, but I'm giving him a haircut right after this photo. His new
roots had him practically stuck down to the bench in the orchid house.
Poor Phil!

3 comments:

JimR said...

Very Pretty! I am assuming the orchid was planted in the shell? Or do those things just show up?

Anonymous said...

ooh! That is a beautiful orchid! It must be your TLC. Fred alias Phil is certainly looking good! I have a sneaky suspicion that the orchid will look just as good in November as it looks today! Isn't it amazing how those orchids grow out of nowhere? I guess it's true that orchids thrive on very little care!! Keep up the good work Sal!

Sally said...

OHHH! They tricked me! I thought it was real! Now they know that I haven't even looked at "Fred" (we call him Phil) since they put him in the orchid house. Rest assured, Fred is doing just fine, and got a haircut this morning. I didn't get too dramatic with the scissors, just a trim.