Monday, July 14, 2008


Lobster Season!
Mini Lobster Season will be July 30 and 31 this year and we won't be here for it! I will miss the excitement, but not the traffic and craziness at Publix. Regular lobster season starts on August 6th everywhere in the Keys except for Key Colony where it begins on August 16th. We will be back for that.
We got the lobsters in the photo here two years ago, in the rocks out front, and that is the last time we have ever spotted any lobsters. We hope to find some this year.
Last weekend we checked out the docks behind the Post Office, and saw some of the biggest lobsters hanging out that I have ever seen. There were lots of them too. We also saw some pretty big spotted eagle rays swimming around in the same place. The water in that canal is just disgusting, but I guess the lobsters love it. You would never catch me getting into that canal even for a lobster, but you could use a bully net to get them from the dock. If there were 15 or 20 in that one little corner, I wonder how many there are in all the canals of Key Colony Beach? I don't know who will get those beauties I saw, but they better stock up on the butter, 'cause they are in for one lobster feast! If we can't grab two out front by the rocks, we can always go up to Lobster Monster and buy two for dinner. Mmmm, so good!

1 comment:

JimR said...

Yum! THose look really good!