Saturday, May 20, 2006



MANATEE ATTACK ON OUR BEACH! The water has warmed up to what Bill Cherry calls a zero goosebump state. A week or so ago we both headed out for a late afternoon noodle. My peaceful state of total mindless floating was suddenly interupted when I heard Bill yell, "Holy shi--cow!" (or something like that). A manatee had come up right next to him and was about to get friendly until Bill's yelling scared he/she away. I did not exactly see the manatee up close and personal, but I did see the large hulking shadow of something swim away. I can verify that it took about 30 minutes for Bill's heart rate to return to a normal level. I was right close by, what attracted that manatee to Bill, and not me is a mystery. Could it have been his new bright green and purple bathing suit from Bealles, or that dark brown leathery suntanned skin, or his full-figure shape? Whatever it was, we have not seen the manatee since, maybe he/she has found a more friendly playmate on some other KCB beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Sea Cow! Zabelle