Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The KCB Boat Parade on Sunday was the best we have ever seen. There was quite a variety of boats, from huge right down to kayak size. One very large yacht had a marching band and vocal group that sang the Star Spangled Banner. A small dinghy was cleverly made up to look like a sleigh pulled by Rudolph, and now it's parked in front of Sparky's for the rest of the season. Of course Tucker DeGraw was there in "Tuck's Toy", as always, having a great time. There were 3 kayaks this year, the waitress from Stouts was in one. They had themselves wrapped in battery powered lights, and were so much fun to watch. My night time photography skills are really lacking, so I couldn't capture the real beauty of it. There were no tandem kayaks, and I couldn't talk Bill into making a fool of himself, but when either of my sisters come down for Christmas again, we WILL be the Kayaking Sisters Act in the Christmas Boat Parade. I promise!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Looks like fun! They do a boat parade during the Venician festival in Saugatuck in the summertime and I keep thinking we ought to get over and see it sometime. I'll bet you have a brother who would be willing to be your kayak tandem partner - and I know he likes to be silly!

Sally said...

Why didn't I think of that! The hard part would be getting you two here before Christmas, but maybe some year, and then we can rent a few more kayaks and all be in the parade.

JimR said...

That looks fun! ANd sure, I'd tandem with you!

I know we need to get down there - but how to work it in??