Friday, June 05, 2009


The Royal Poinciana
This time of year as you drive up and down US 1, the bright orange blaze of the Royal Poinciana just keeps catching your eye. There are many bigger and brighter than this one, but I love how this tree frames the little cottage beneath. This is part of "Tropical Cottages", right before you get to Gulfside Mall. I also keep noticing these trees because of the huge seed pods attached. I'm waiting for them to fall after a windstorm so I can collect them to make some seed jewelry.

3 comments:

Aj Mercy said...

awesome...
Back in my part of the world, we have many trees lie these... didnt know they were royal...

Lolz...
Aj...

JimR said...

Very pretty! That looks like a very cozy cottage!

nan said...

They are my favorite too. Easy to spot and beautiful orange.