Friday, August 03, 2007


It's a new store...for those of you who like to cook your own. "Lobster Monster" selling meat and seafood. Yes, I know, you can read the sign. It's located on the south side of A1 across from Walgreen's. They had fresh yellowtail advertized today for $4.99 a pound, probably the whole fish, Bill says. I haven't been in yet, but plan to go next week after the commercial boats start pulling traps on August 6th. Let's see, they are supposedly going to get $5.00 a pound for their catch, so I could expect to pay $10.00 a pound for lobster? That may be wishful thinking, or as they say down here, "fishful thinking". I'll let you know how the pricing goes, and what else they have there after I check it out. I love the marine blue paint job on the outside. It really sets it off from the other stores around, and you can't miss it when you drive by.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm!!!! sounds good! will have to try it. i wonder if i can find it?!

Sally said...

You would have to be blind to miss it! Another new store in the same block is Hurricane Rita's. It is supposed to have really cute tropical decorating items. I better check it out.

JimR said...

I'd suggest stopping at Walgreens to get their Carmel Corn / Cheese Corn combo. I know it's not quite as classy as yellow tail or lobster, but pretty good eating and way easier to prepare!

Sally said...

MMM The carmel corn/ cheese corn combo sounds great, and I bet the leftovers are good for breakfast.