Monday, July 17, 2006


It's not one of the prettiest sights on Key Colony, but one we see daily. They've been at it since May, day after day, week after week. It will be nice when the underground cables are all in and the overhead wires come down. They seem to be making quicker progress now, they are well over the bridge and heading toward our end of the island. Someone who thinks they know everything (and shall remain nameless) says the digging was especially hard up by US 1, and is a lot easier now since much of Sadowski's island is fill - I guess that makes sense. By the looks of the huge pile of pipe next to the golf course, I would say that there is probably enough to do the whole island, and I think that is the plan, but it may take a while. In the meantime, it's one lane only on the causeway, and I've got to stop taking pictures while I'm driving, "Secret Squirrel" would not be pleased.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

hahaha! I take pictures all the time when I'm driving! I can't tell you how many pictures I have from on the Mackinaw Bridge! Seriously though, it's always different-- clouds, no clouds, blue water, green water, waves, no waves... cool stuff. Plus, who doesn't like a good picture of construction work?!